To register and login, use your Google, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or OpenID credentials.

This is allowing us to stop most spam registrations. We've deleted most of the spam accounts that got through, and we're closely watching for more.

Any update on firmware burners?

gwydiongwydion Posts: 13
edited November -1 in MeeBlip
Hi guys,

Last time I got my MeeBlip firmware updated I had the pleasure of Peter's personal burning service.

Back then, there weren't any cheap and good options for firmware burning kits a) for europe, b) for Mac OS X.

Any update on this?

Not only would I like to update the standard firmware again, but it's kinda essential to the open-sourceness concept!

Enjoy the sunshine.... Gwydion

Comments

• meeblipmeeblip Posts: 551 admin
    We have a few dozen MeeProg programmer boards lurking quietly in MeeBlip labs. We need to put together some clear and concise documentation before releasing them into the wild.

They're tiny - about 2" x 3/4" - and our plan is to distribute them from under $10€.
  • gwydiongwydion Posts: 13
    James, that would be great. Think one of the difficulties was getting something at a comparable price over here in Germany - do you think we could get them for round about that price over here?
    As a developer myself, I hate being posed this question, but I have to ask anyway: any dates?
    ;-)
  • You could try the mySmartUSB light, which comes at about 16 Euros. I haven't tried it with Mac OS X, but it works flawlessly under Linux with avrdude and is said to support OS X on the product page.

[code]> avrdude -c stk500v2 -p m32 -P /dev/ttyUSB0[/code]