To register and login, use your Google, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or OpenID credentials.

This is allowing us to stop most spam registrations. We've deleted most of the spam accounts that got through, and we're closely watching for more.

What are your favorite platforms and apps?

kurtlrnzkurtlrnz Posts: 1
edited November -1 in Mobile Music
What are your favorite platforms and apps?

Comments

• tctdtctd Posts: 2
    LSDJ, and Little Piggy tracker.. Bhajis loops was great too!
  • I use my NDS a lot when I am somewhere that presents challenges to either powering my laptops with dodgy batteries or if I end up somewhere I did not intend to be and sit waiting. CellsDS, Axe, GlitchDS, ToneSynth, Korg DS-10/DS-10+, NitroTracker, RepeaterDS, ProteinDS, Master Stroke, and Electroplankton are my favs overall I'd have to say. I have way too many apps on the cards, and a pile of samples (not enough in RAW format yet).

The platform has really become useful in showing youth simple music ideas quickly, or letting them discover things for themselves. I had to make a sortable list of all the apps on the main microsd card and the NDS titles I paid for to keep up with them all, and assist youth I work with to find the type of app they like best. Some of the kids LOVE the finger drum apps for some reason. Whenever I go to an event where kids of friends might be around I try to bring the NDS to keep them busy, and/or a small MIDI keyboard/laptops (kept in the car if they start to fight).

I look forward to trying out some of the PSP apps, since I have a cfw model 1001 and a current firmware 1001. So far I have only bought Rockstar's Beaterator for it, but to be honest, it's a lot better than I expected. I do not have the disposable income for any of the Apple awesome, or other mobile devices at this time. I need to try more of the Java apps I have seen that should work on my Samsung Impression after I unlocked Java security and all that. Saw a post mentioning phones used for that and remembered I had not yet sent the apps I grabbed to try to my phone. Not thinking a full on tracker will work as well for me, but simple sample pads or noise makers could be fun additions to the PSP/NDS/laptop array I use here and there.
  • The majority of my production is done with a 2nd Gen iPod Touch. Beatmaker is probably my favorite but that's probably because I'm just used to the sequencer. Getting into NanoStudio quite a bit also. I think the best part about this is that a high school student can be a different kind of "productive" in the classroom.
  • Loopy HD for ios is stable and lovely.