To register and login, use your Google, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or OpenID credentials.

This is allowing us to stop most spam registrations. We've deleted most of the spam accounts that got through, and we're closely watching for more.

Background Audio?

dreamlessdreamless Posts: 63
edited November -1 in Pd Everywhere
Hello,
I'm currently trying to get my app to play audio while in the background or when the screen is locked on my iOS devices. I tried following the instructions in another thread and changed the audio session category but it doesn't seem to be working. Is there something else that I need to do to get this working? Thank you. 

Comments

• chr1srchr1sr Posts: 14

I hope this helps, I'm still new to all this but I managed to get it working from the instructions I found here. https://github.com/libpd/pd-for-ios/tree/master/PdSettings

Here's the steps that worked for me.

*I'm currently running Xcode 4.4

1.) In your app's info.plist, add an array entry called "UIBackgroundModes". Once I added it, Xcode automatically renamed the key to "Required Background Modes".

2.) In "Required Background Modes" add "audio" for the value. Again, Xcode automatically renamed this to "App plays audio".

3.) *I'm using PDAudioController for audio settings. In your apps delegate.m file, make sure self.audiocontroller.active = YES is set for applicationWillResignActive, applicationDidEnterBackground, applicationWillEnterForeground, applicationDidBecomeActive.

I was a bit stressed about background audio as I thought it would be harder to get working as there hadn't been much information I could find on it for libpd. This worked so easily for me it brought a big beaming, shitty grin to my face.

• Thanks. I figured it out also but felt dumb since the instructions are right on the front page of the github repo.

• alxkntalxknt Posts: 1

re: chr1sr's steps. ignore step 3. i have background audio in iOS6.1 with nothing related to pd being set in applicationWillResignAcitve, applicationDidEnterBackground, applicationWillEnterForeground, applicationDidBecomeActive.

one other thing, when configuring your PdAudioController, don't use the configureAmbientWithSampleRate: method. use configurePlaybackWithSampleRate: