To register and login, use your Google, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or OpenID credentials.

This is allowing us to stop most spam registrations. We've deleted most of the spam accounts that got through, and we're closely watching for more.

Blipping on Midi Notes? Even with no volume?

moutonnoirmoutonnoir Posts: 4
edited September 2012 in MeeBlip

HI!

First of all: this thing sounds freaking great. i realllly like it. Very great.

So beyond that it also makes a 'ticking' type sound on each midi note... It is even happening with the volume all the way down.

I will soon take it apart and check the soldering, but I want to make sure it isnt 'normal' first... It sounds really bad basically, and i dont think it was there at first, so I am guessing it is not normal?

I can post an audio sample if this is not clear, but to recap: if the MIDI IN on meeblip is getting MIDI, on any channel, it makes a ticking sound. It isnt necisarilly the MIDI CLOCK ticking either, just notes.

At first I thought maybe it was USB ground loop related as I had some USB powered devices in a signal chain feeding back into the USB supplying computer, but removing the USB power sources did not help. This happens even with a midi controller only sending notes in.

Any troubleshooting advice would be great!

Answers