To register and login, use your Google, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or OpenID credentials.

This is allowing us to stop most spam registrations. We've deleted most of the spam accounts that got through, and we're closely watching for more.

Setting up externals (specifically expr) with Eclipse/Android

kapsykapsy Posts: 30
edited November 2012 in Pd Everywhere

Hi everyone,

I know this questions been asked a million times but I spent the the whole day on it and still can't figure it out. I'm new to Android development and am more a music person than a programmer.

If anyone could offer a step by step description (aimed at a beginner) as to how to get externals (or specifically expr) working with Android (I'm using Eclipse on Windows), I would greatly appreciate it. I literally don't know where to start - the most detailed help on the issue I can find is here:

https://github.com/libpd/libpd/wiki/misc

Which really doesn't give me much to work with.

So far I'm able to get a sine wave patch working, making sound, and can send/receive messages via the devices screen, but I can't use any plugins that use the expr/expr~ message (phaser and an auto panner) - whenever I do I just get dead silence. I've had a good look at the Scene Player sample project but I still can't figure out exactly what it's doing to make externals work.

Many thanks,

Mike

Answers