To register and login, use your Google, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or OpenID credentials.

This is allowing us to stop most spam registrations. We've deleted most of the spam accounts that got through, and we're closely watching for more.

Designing Pd "switches" for libpd

anthropomoanthropomo Posts: 10
edited December 2012 in Pd Everywhere

Based on extensive googling, it seems conditional logic is a point of difficulty for many new Pd users who are more accustomed to text-based programming. I fall into this category.

Essentially I want to be able to tell my patch to run through a particular object or not. The best solution I have so far requires more objects than seem necessary. The ugliest part is that this solution requires me to track the state on the Android end.

Ideally I would be able to send one of two messages, essentially true or false (1 or 2, or one bang string or another, whatever). Right now there is only one message for both on and off. Anyway, here is a picture of my current switch:

http://i49.tinypic.com/4g24o5.png

Any suggestions appreciated.

P.S., I am aware of moses and spigot, but I can't seem to get my head around how to apply them here.

Answers