To register and login, use your Google, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or OpenID credentials.

This is allowing us to stop most spam registrations. We've deleted most of the spam accounts that got through, and we're closely watching for more.

MeeBlip Micro soldering problems

FreeksFreeks Posts: 5
edited January 2013 in MeeBlip

Hello, I managed to solder all chip sockets (except atmel) wrong way. instructions state clearly:" Install chip sockets, matching the notches to outlines on the silkscreen." But i missed the "notches" part. Now all are soldered notch wrong way. Can these still be used by attaching chips correct way or do i need to de-solder everything?

I first messed Atmel chip socket by soldering two points before i noticed that one leg was bent out of the hole. So i de-soldered the socket by just warming the joints and pulling it away. I got it away, but both holes are now filled with solder. I have de-solder pump somewhere but just cannot find it now.

I had soldered all components earlier and left the "easy" solders for evening as i thought there is nothing left to damage :D

Damn, i waited to get this in to testing today, but now have to wait until i get this sorted out.

Thank you!

Comments