To register and login, use your Google, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or OpenID credentials.

This is allowing us to stop most spam registrations. We've deleted most of the spam accounts that got through, and we're closely watching for more.

Library 'libpdnative.so' not found (Android)

mrjohsmrjohs Posts: 1
edited January 2013 in Pd Everywhere

Hi! I've been using libpd for a while, and deceided to update to the last git revision today. I have been working on an Android testproject, which up until now has worked fine.

But after upgrading I get this error from PD:

Pure Data says, "/data/data/com.apploudable.pdtestjohs/files/expr.pd_linux: Cannot load library: link_image[1891]: 87 could not load needed library 'libpdnative.so' for 'expr.pd_linux' (load_library[1093]: Library 'libpdnative.so' not found)

Subsequently, on each instance of the [expr] object, there is this output:

Pure Data says, "" Pure Data says, " " Pure Data says, "expr" Pure Data says, " " Pure Data says, "$f1/44.1" Pure Data says, "" Pure Data says, "error: ... couldn't create" Pure Data says, "" Pure Data says, "/data/data/com.apploudable.pdtestjohs/files/expr.pd_linux: Cannot load library: find_library[1201]: 87 'expr.pd_linux' failed to load previously

In the PDCore "libs" folder I can see libpdnative.so as well as libexpr.so present. Everything else, apart from [expr], seems to be working fine.

I am aware of the licensing implications by using [expr], but for now I would like to use it and will deal with that when the project is more mature.

Answers

• pbrinkmannpbrinkmann Posts: 685 ✭✭

It looks like you've got files left over from the old version. The latest version of Pd for Android uses a different naming scheme for externals, e.g., libexpr.so instead of expr.pd_linux. I suggest you delete your current copy of PdCore and pull a fresh copy from GitHub.