To register and login, use your Google, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or OpenID credentials.

This is allowing us to stop most spam registrations. We've deleted most of the spam accounts that got through, and we're closely watching for more.

best way to handle multiple instances of same patch in libPd?

choonschoons Posts: 51
edited January 2013 in Pd Everywhere

Hi guys, I'm working on a multi-track music app where I have created several sample-based instruments as Pd patches. I'd like it to be possible for the user to load more than one instance of an instrument. For instance, they might want to have a lead part track and a rhythm part track both played by the acoustic guitar instrument. I've tried interlacing the parts to play on a single instance, but my instruments are designed with 4 to 8 voices which can quickly become swamped by such an approach.

I use a lot of send/receive messages between Java and Pd. I am aware of Pd's namespace issues but do not understand the $0 stuff mentioned in this thread http://createdigitalnoise.com/discussion/110/is-it-possible-to-run-multiple-patches-or-instances-of-the-same-patch-simultaneously/p1

So if I have a [r guitar_notes] object in my patch, and I've got two or more instances of the patch loaded, is there a best way in libPd to direct messages sent from Java to the intended instance?

Answers