To register and login, use your Google, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or OpenID credentials.

This is allowing us to stop most spam registrations. We've deleted most of the spam accounts that got through, and we're closely watching for more.

PdCoreP5 is not available anymore

berengerberenger Posts: 56
edited February 2013 in Pd Everywhere

Hello Everyone,

I build an android app a few months ago using libpd and processing. For that I used an older version of pd-for-android, at the time there was a 'PdCoreP5' project that is not available anymore in the github repo.

Is there a new way of linking pd and processing for android developpement ?

cheers

Comments

• pbrinkmannpbrinkmann Posts: 685 ✭✭

The new version is here: https://github.com/libpd/puredatap5

It's not fully done yet, but it'll be much simpler to use and deploy since it uses PortAudio under the hood.

• berengerberenger Posts: 56

Hi Peter

thanks for your answer but I have two issues that prevents me to use this

1-I'm under windows 7 64bits and it seems that there is an error : the HelloPd does not compile : couldn't find phthreadGC2.dll for this plateform windows/x86_64

2- I know for a fact that it works under ubuntu 32 bits but there is no drivers available for my phone.

I can work in eclipse to try to make it work and I only need android support, what should I do to bind an android project built with processing to pd-for-android ?

About the pthreads DLL, you can probably find a suitable binary and add it to the project.

I've been trying to get the new version to work with Android, but I'm seeing mysterious crashes right now. I'm investigating.

Ok thanks a lot Peter :)

Let me know if you want me to test stuff.

Hi again,

Is there a way to link directly a processing-for-android project to the pdCore lib ?

I mean I don't really need the pd library for processing. I'm just aiming at making it run on android from eclipse.

So if I export and android project from processing IDE and import that into Eclipse how can I use PdCore to load a patch and send data to it ?

So, the idea is to have an Android project in Eclipse that uses PdCore as well as Processing, right? If so, then it should be fairly straightforward --- start a new Android project in Eclipse, add PdCore as a library dependency and add processing-core.jar (or something like it) to the build path.