To register and login, use your Google, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or OpenID credentials.

This is allowing us to stop most spam registrations. We've deleted most of the spam accounts that got through, and we're closely watching for more.

libPD: Extract data from object : eg floatbox

harryhaarenharryhaaren Posts: 6
edited February 2013 in Pd Everywhere

Hey all,

I'm working on a project (using low-level C api) and I'd like to get data from the PD patch that libPD is running. As far as I understand it, I can use "libpd_bind()" to bind the "send symbol" and request updates, which are then pass to my code using the float_hook callback.

This is working, except that it involves creating the patch with user interface feedback in mind. I'd much prefer if any patch could be loaded, parsed and then feedback for the objects provided.

Is there a way to achieve this? Is there a way to achieve this if I hack libPD a little?

Cheers, -Harry

Answers

• pbrinkmannpbrinkmann Posts: 685 ✭✭

It would be a pretty major modification of libpd since all the parsing happens in Pd itself.

Also, I don't quite see how this would be useful. Suppose you have two or more float boxes in your patch; how would you know which is which? Ultimately, there must be some coupling between the patch and your code, and I believe that the right solution is to define the interface in terms of send and receive symbols.