To register and login, use your Google, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or OpenID credentials.

This is allowing us to stop most spam registrations. We've deleted most of the spam accounts that got through, and we're closely watching for more.

Using libPD with bluetooth

mv_voglmv_vogl Posts: 1
edited February 2013 in Pd Everywhere

Hi All, I'm trying to get the my pdpatch in my iOS app to play over bluetooth not just the internal speaker/headset. I have tried to use audiosettings library and force it to play thru the bluetooth device but to no avail. Maybe I don't have it setup correctly or importing correctly? Here is the link to a screenshot of the patch: http://digitaldada.com/pd.png Is there another way to approach this? Any lead would be appreciated. Quick plug for Peter's book btw, lifesaver :)

Cheers Markus

Answers

• margaritamargarita Posts: 3
    edited February 2013

Hi All, I'm working with Markus ^ to try to get this to work. Now while going thru the comments on some other posts it seems that bluetooth cannot work thru libpd in an iOS App? I went ahead and imported mediasettings on loadbang and then had a bang go and set: params @input 0 1 @output 1 2. Now this worked perfectly on my computer running pd-extended. Of course this is because the mediasettings library in pd-extended and not in pd-vanilla or in libpd. Is there a way to get that library in libpd? Is there a way to compile it in there? I'm not sure I'd even know where to begin on that. Any suggestions on how to go about it in babysteps? Thanks! ~margarita

• pbrinkmannpbrinkmann Posts: 685 ✭✭
    edited February 2013

When working with libpd, you can't change the audio settings from within Pd. I personally don't know how to route audio to a Bluetooth device with iOS, but you want to look at the way PdAudioController and PdAudioUnit configure the audio session/unit. Chances are that there's a parameter in there that you can change to use the Bluetooth device.

• Thanks for the quick response! I'll look into the PdAudioController and PdAudioUnit and see if that allows to set the audiosettings for the output device.

• pbrinkmannpbrinkmann Posts: 685 ✭✭

Sounds good. When you figure it out, please report back. Depending on how intrusive this change is, we may want to make it configurable in the API.

• Will do! Hope we can figure it out. :)